On the QT

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

NEW TERRITORY FOR ME
Not that the franchise hasn't had some success with a 1999 MVRL Football Championhip for the now defunct Camelotters, but a TQ-owned team has never been ranked first in the WW (Wes Williams) Power Ratings! That's almost as good as a championship. But what I want to know is how are the Puffins ranked 9th? They stand at 2-1 and scored a ton of points in their big win this weekend. Oh well, I still like the WW Ratings better than the BC or BSC or simply BS Ratings in college football.
And you know what? They're better than the clowns that run the NCAA. They are concerned about the Fighting Illini. Give me a break. Let's look at programs that cheat like (fill in the blank, because we all know cheaters on high school or college tests.) But then they allow the tomahawk chop Seminoles of Florida State to kept their moniker. The NCAA 's like a good old boys club that allows its favorites leeway while clamping down on those not in the club. Oh swell.
And then there's the last week of the season in MLB. I'm making no predix (at least not today) because of my poor pix in NFL sucker bet football. Yup, I only got 1 out of 3 right in picking my choices for all the games. I'm hoping for a Yankee title, an Indian title, an Angel title and White Sox wild card. For the NL, my favorite Cardinals are in, a Padre title, a brave title (I guess) , and an Astro wild card.
Finally, a look at the NFL after 3: As Scott said, the Bengals look for real, the Chargers at 1-2 look good, the Rams look good. Can Barron be that good? Is all that hitting by the defense really the Rams? Will Kevin Curtis move ahead of Ike B as a number two? Can Stephen Jackson punish tacklers? Can mike martz coach? Oh hell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home