On the QT

Wednesday, September 28, 2005


STEVIE ANDERSON JOINS OWLS STAFF

After a stirring round of golf today at Club West in the Southwest with former New York Jet and Arizona Cardinal wide receiver Stevie Anderson, Ted Quinn owner of the Burrowing Owls inked the erstwhile wide receiver to a contract with the Owls. Anderson will serve as special assistant to Quinn and help with advance scouting of wide outs.
"It's a heckuvan opportunity for me, " replied Stevie (don't call me Steve or I'll crush your hands.) "I have my own biz, but it takes care of itself, for the most part. Hey, would you do me wrong?" At 6'7'' and 0% body fat, Stevie makes his point. "All I've been doing is working on my golf game, and planned to play more golf with TQ anyways, so why not try to help?"
"That Kevin Curtis cat coulda been an Owl; we had first rights to him, but TQ is so proud of the 4 wide receivers we have, that he played it close to the vest, and I can dig that. But I'm telling you KCurt can catch 'em with the best of 'em."

Next week's foursome may include Pastor Rob Wagner along with Stevie and TQ and the Peach man( yup--there's another Peach out here and he "spells it like it is," Troy and Ryan.) Each is in the running for an additional staff position. Rob had a tryout with a Colorado pro soccer team (kicking scout) and Peachie has missed 4 home football games at Arizona State in 35 years (assistant to the assistant + what a help on draft day selections.)
It seems as if the Burrowing Owls are serious about their run for the title in the MVRL Football League this season.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    A terrific Blog. Keep it up. I have a earn income site. If you are interested in earn income then stop by.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home