On the QT

Saturday, June 24, 2006


WHAT IT IS

A skull? or a lady sitting in front of her vanity mirror with perfume bottles before her.

Ok, I see both. But I'm that kind of guy. One that can see both sides. Well, sometimes.

Sooo...This poem from a 1998 novel I wrote called The Last Game, covers both the lady and the skull.

I want to overlap your life

And be the transparent leaf

That covers your skeleton

As illustrated in anatomy books,

Because I'm part of you

And when I leave

Like the transparency

No one knows,

No one can see

That I've been that close to you.

It was just a voice, just a character in my first short novel (I don't like the term novella) about the decline of honest to goodness neighborhoods and all the actions/antics that go on there as kids grow into adulthood. I grew up in a neighborhood like that, and hope they don't become extinct.

My second short novel, Niches and Crannies, is about high school life. I grew up a lot there, too. As a teacher for 30 years. If you'd like copies of either, please contact me, because they're not available at many places. Yet.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home