On the QT

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

IT AIN'T NOTHIN' BUT A THANG

I never understood that expression that a good friend of my uses.  But it came to mind when I read that Brigitte Bardot turned 77 today.  Huh?  How can that be?
I remember when she was called a "sex kitten" and I was too young to know what that meant.  Come to think of it, I still don't know what that means.  Maybe between then and now I knew but forgot.

And Luke Skywalker turned 60. Paul McCartney is 70 and two of his four have already passed away.  Three counting Brian Epstein, the 5th Beatle.

I'm returning for my 45th high school class reunion.  The conversation yesterday went like this as I sat in the barber's chair.

"Like always, Ted."

"Oh, you have to do a great job today, Gio.  I'm going back for my high school reunion."

In all seriousness he continued, "Do you me to dye your hair?"

"Only if you also do liposuction.  I have a lot to work on."

Of course, no dye would touch my hair anymore than a cigarette would touch my lips (anymore).  That is until there's a breakthrough in mens' hair color.  The shoe polish look and single color look which makes mens' hair look like a toupee to me just doesn't cut it.

But I'll be sure to report on how my reunion goes.

Gio, being a wise barber, told me not to worry because all the fat guys at reunions used to be athletes whose muscle turned to flab.  But I don't remember being All-State. 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home