On the QT

Saturday, December 17, 2005

IT'S ALL ABOUT FOCUS

In the middle of my backswing in golf, I've been known to have problems with focus. Such thoughts as, "I wonder if the Cardinals won today" or " When's the last time it rained?" As Willy Loman said in Death of a Salesman, "I have such thoughts."
So in yesterday's blog I revealed I'm not competitive. Today--I'm not focused. Just maybe those two go together.

THE CYCLOPS OR WHEN MONKEYS FLY

I don't know how it will go,
This love of, should I call it mine
Or ours? Show me a sign.
But maybe you did
And preoccupied, I missed it.
You, the third base coach
While, I the hitter ignored your gestures.
I focused on the wrong things
Not the time
And blamed you
For being apathetic.
I didn't even call, "Time Out,"
To try to get it straight
To try to concentrate
On where we were headed
And what my responsiblities were.
I know there's no "i" in team
But there's no "I" in we
In our case.
And, yes, it's my loss
As I left you
Alone (in a box or boxed in)
Trying to tell me what to do
And my mind was somewhere else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home