On the QT

Thursday, December 08, 2005

THREE CARDINALS OWNERS PUT HARD CAP ON 2ND BASE POSITION

As anyone who's been in a fantasy league with me knows, I'm not the patient sort when it comes to expectations from a player. I remember once trading Ken Griffey, Jr., in his heyday for Carlos Baerga, who never had one. Just two seasons ago, in late May I gave up on Derrek Lee. Just two days ago I wrote in a blog that I trusted Walt Jocketty. Actually, I still do. But the three principal owners gosta get a clue.

Miles, Bigby, D Cruz, and GBennett. That's it? Meanwhile guys like Burnett, Mesa, Pierre, LoDuca, Soriano (how would that cat look at 2nd?--nevermind, I forgot about the ingenious hard cap for a position. Not total payroll, mind you, but allocating only x-amount for a position.) Well, Alphonso will cost a little more. Todd Jones, what's the use--you know who's changed teams.

And you know who's gone--L Walker, R Sanders, Mark G ( I loved Derek's spelling of the TJ Bengal guy) King, Taveras, A Nunez, Morris (probably)and Einar. Oh yeah, I 'm glad about that last one.

I also know loyal reader(s) that you know how the Country Day boys are rolling in dough from the profits they have made, or will make in the future. I won't insult you by reminding you that according to Petey Gammons, each MLB team will receive $23 mil more this year from various sources. RRRGGHHH--that's the way Calvin felt this morning in hIs comic strip, and that's the way I'm feeling tonight.

But I'm also a man of hope. Sean Featherstun says the Cardinals are going to trade for Barry Zito. That would make Sean, Mulder, me and Cardinal Nation happy. But let's do it already. You're making me nervous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home