On the QT

Tuesday, December 06, 2005


NOT THE PICTURE I WANTED TO USE

But then again why should I ever think the modern ballplayer ever does the right thing? Burnett will be buried in Toronto. He will be good, but will they consistently challenge in a division containing two evil empires--red sox and Yankees?

Some players are just doomed to be outstanding prospects, but they can't close the deal, they can't take that next step. The right move for A.J. was to sign with the Cardinals, tack on endorsements after he's learned from the best-- Mr. Duncan, go to three or so World Series' and be a household name.

But no. The union and his agent win again. How many million does everybody need anyway(s)? Joe Johnson, nee of the Suns, takes 70 mil to go play for Atlanta. Well, they have won two games this year, but he could have stayed win the Suns for 60 million. And had playoff opportunities for years to come. Oh well.

Now I want the Caridnals to go after Zito. I'd rather have him and So and JRod flanking Jimmy E, although I'd try to trade Edmonds while he still has something left, than have Willy Mo and Reyes the rookie. I'd ship him and Wainwright for Willy Mo if they are so fond of him. But it's about pitching when it gets to the playoffs. Heck the Cardinals with their powerful lineup haven't hit squat in the last two playoffs. Maybe we could win 1-0 with another stud arm. Reyes, a prospect who commands something in return. Something of known value. Sure, it will cost, but the Birds just saved 40 million.

Whatever happens, I have faith in Jocketty. How could you not? And for second base--Bill Mueller. Hey, it's a plan. He'll get it done. He doesn't need to read my blog. But I'd welcome him to the club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home