On the QT

Sunday, December 04, 2005

Outcoached in the MVRL

If I lose this game to the Kamikaze Maddogs, I can only blame the Old Coach. I left off two qbs who scored 37 points for two who totaled 4.

I'd like to blame Asst. Coach Anderson, but it was my call. I wanted so badly to sit Vick. But one of the fantasy gurus pointed out that he had beaten the panthers 5 straight times, so I thought, go with the hot hand.

Not only did Vick not score, but neither did Dunn, my stud running back. And Alge? 22 points last week; 3 today. Oh my, how the Falcons crumbled.

My other qb Bledsoe has been gasping for air for a few weeks now, but I kept hearing Big Ben was hurt again. And playing the Bengals, I thought he needed another week. 388 yards. Wow.

Even my defense decision was up for grabs. My assistant, "Heck I don't know nothing about defense, except how to get away from them. Except for that cheating belichek." So with no help from Stevie, I post a poll on the website. After the few responses indicated a Bills D, I went for it. 18 points--not bad. But I'm waiting for the Hawks to light up that banged up Eagle bunch tomorrow night.

Enough complaining. Enough self-pity. Probably. I might even win. But I'd feel better if I'd used my gut this weekend. And if the Cardinals had signed Burnett.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home