On the QT

Saturday, December 03, 2005

NOT A USC NATIONAL CHAMP ARTICLE

In fact I could care less about who's number one in college football. Talk to me when you implement a playoff system where we'd know for sure. Running up the score (70-3 Texas vs Colorado) C'mon. Isn't sport still part of sportsmanship?

Remember the cubs jerseys of the late 90's that looked like they spelled Cuba? Oh, my. Will that franchise ever learn? Their free agent signings have been an overreach. By a long shot. They are so desperate, now that the red sox and White Sox have won. I loved Scott's suggestion that they change their name to Blue Sox if they want to win. Trust me, cubbie fans hate the idea.

At the time I'm writing this blog, A. J. Burnett has not made up his mind. He's one cat I'd overpay for. With Duncan advising this lifelong Cardinal fan, he could be another Cy winner for the Birds. If he signs with a big money club, he'll be run of the mill, I predict.

Also, there's no way I would let any more Marlins go before I traded prospects for Pierre or even Todd Jones. Win now, baby. And if you have to unload salary, your gimpy third sacker may be a place to start. I love Rolen, but man you gotta recover quicker.

My purpose for today's blog was to pose a question. If the Cardinals traded their top 15 players to the cubs for their top 40 players ( I figure that would equate) whom would you root for? And if you say the Cardinals with Pujols, Carpenter, Izzy, Edmonds, et.al., wearing cubbie blue, then aren't you just rooting for apparel or laundry?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home