On the QT

Friday, October 26, 2007



HARVEST MOON


This morning at 5:15, I walked outside to get the morning paper. I was a little disappointed because it was a little warmer than normal. When the AC kicked on last night about 8:00, I should have known that warmer temps were back.


Funny that I should want cooler weather, but after this Summer, I'm ready. Two nights ago, CQ covered up with a throw and reminded me that it won't be long until we have a fire in the fireplace. Sometimes I even light one when the temperature is in the low 60's, but it's hard to rationalize it when it's still in the 80's.


But the moon this morning! I had to walk a little closer to the street to see it, it hiding between three of my neighbor's palm trees. They look better than in the picture, but the moon looked just about the same. Illuminating an early morning sky while stars fell into their right slots forming all the constellations that God made. I thanked Him before I went back in the house. For allowing me to view and feel His wonderful creation.


I confess I had a thought pass through my head, "How can He create such beauty and then allow Satan dominion over this world?" It was followed by another thought, perhaps implanted there by the Holy Spirit, "How much better is Heaven going to be that this!"


Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home