On the QT

Saturday, November 24, 2007


FINALLY! A GIFT WORTH GETTING
A jumbo remote control. That I can see. Now that's progress.
I've often said that programming a vcr is tougher than fixing computer problems. Not that I'm great at the latter. But for two hours every other day I was responsible for keeping 32 computers running smoothly while offering help about students' writing problems back at the old MTV Computer Lab. The problems were varied and sundrious as they used to say.
FF or fast forward, for those readers not quite so high tech, to 2007. I still don't know how to tape a show and watch another channel. I still don't know how to PIP. And I'm not 100% sure I know how to shut it down and fire it up again when I have a technical problem when the bottom of the screen says " no data available".
Not only that, I have trouble switching from VCR to DVD. Oh, I get it done but it throws fear into me. Currently I can't tape on the VCR because I inadvertently hit a wrong button and changed the record channel that I can't get back. No problem: or daughter is here and she'll take care of the old guy.
The Jumbo Universal Remote has to help. At least I can't blame it on poor eyesight. Now manual dexterity, that's another issue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home