On the QT

Monday, November 05, 2007



"WELL, THIS IS A FINE MESS"


Or something like that, Abbott told Costello once. Wasn't Abbott the fat guy? Gilda Radner said it, too, when she orchestrated, "It's always something."


So after nearly 700 blog entries, I was running out of topics. In fact, I think I wrote about DJs once before as I revisited them a few days ago. So I thought to myself, why don't I go to EBay categories, close my eyes, scroll down and hit on the topic on page 33, item for sale number 3.


That's what I did. And this is what I have. A doll in a wedding dress. With long, long (do you know my youngest grandson used to call water long long? Of course, you didn't but it's true.) black hair. I'm not sure what she's holding but it's nothing blue, so it must be new or borrowed.
There's some kind of Bed Bath & Beyond ad for some reason. I've been to those stores a few times with my wife. It's one of those kinds that guys don't like, because when you look around, you're one of the few guys in the place. And the others have the same mortified look on their faces. When can we get out of here? But I've never seen this doll there.
I never really understood dolls much. I mean if you had two, you could make them fight or talk to each other. But some girls just like to dress and undress them. I don't even like to dress myself, and I'm always getting,"You better try that on firsts," from CQ before taking the item to check out. Sometimes I just decide against getting it. Not out of resistance or spite, I just didn't think it worth the effort. So I just don't understand it--dressing and undressing, when everything is on a miniature level. Plus girls' buttons are even on the wrong side.
So that's it. Pretty doll. Not much more to say. Except, I'm not going eBaying for topics like this any more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home