On the QT

Tuesday, March 11, 2008



I LIKE IT--THE LIMIT'S THE SKY


And there are thousands of cliches that work just as well when we re-arrange them. Such as


Find will love a way (ok, I'm not off to a very good start)


Keep will love us together (ok, 0 for 2)


When a woman loves a man (now, I'm on a roll)


Whenever I dream, all I have to do is want you (not perfect, but a fit)


A stitch in nine saves time (maybe not as much, but it works)


A doctor a day keeps the apple away (all analogies break down after awhile)


No pain, no gain (that works)
Once in a time life (ok)
Jetsam and flotsam (I never could distinguish)
The War Civil (neither make sense except as oxymorons)
A balance hangs in life (maybe I've made my case)
Now if I could just get my p's and q's in order, I'd close.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home