On the QT

Saturday, March 01, 2008



A LOOK TO THE FUTURE


In 1968 who would have thunk that today Goldie Hawn would be fashionable? Tattoos or simply tats have enjoyed their greatest numbers ever. The question why reverberates.
From one of the Idol female finalists to the NBA and college hoop ranks, tats are everywhere. Not just one. Oh, no. They are displayed on the human billboard as communicative expressions of who we are. Goldie, here is not that all unique anymore.
As one who never cared much for needles (case in point, I once had a crown put on a tooth without any Novocaine block. Note I said once) it boggles my mind to think of the pain to have some picture or slogan needled/scratched on my arm, leg, neck, hand, back, etc. And, I mean etcetera.
Maybe the business mind in me is responsible for this thought: why not sell spaces on your body for advertisements? Race car drivers have done it for years on their clothing and more recently pro golfers have gone billboard. So why not prostitute your body and get paid for your tats?
Gosh, I hope nobody takes me seriously. Penzoil written on a forearm is just wrong. I think the only tattoo I liked was famous for saying "da plane, da plane".


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home