On the QT

Thursday, February 28, 2008


SECONDHAND OR BACKHAND
We watch The American Idol. We actually started watching the Junior American Idol or whatever that show was called when Jordan McCoy from MTV made it to the top 10. Then we started watching the year Clay Aitken was on, I guess.
Tuesday night we missed it because of a going away dinner for an MTV bud and is wife who are snowbirds. But listening to KLOV the next day, I heard a comment from Paula Abdul that went something like this.
"Oh, David (Archuletta), you are so talented and cute, I'd like to squeeze you and squish you until your head popped off. Then I'd get a string and dangle you from the rearview mirror of my car."
Talk about a backhanded compliment. My goodness, I'd say Paula has gone just a little goofy.
The DJ on KLOV couldn't relate. A caller said, she simply meant that like a bobble head doll, he had become something valuable, something keep-worthy, sorta like things that in another era, people hung from their rearview mirror.
"Like fuzzy dice? she responded.
"Exactly," the caller answered.
"So that's what Archuletta is to Paula? Fuzzy dice."
It's gonna be a strange year on The Idol. Maybe even strange enough that Paula will disagree with Randy. Just once.
Naugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home