On the QT

Friday, September 30, 2011

WHAT IF?

That is a pretty powerful indictment.  For I'm afraid most use God to make things right in their lives.  As a big Santa, He even has our wish list for which we didn't even need a catalog.  But a loving God would want to provide for our every need wouldn't He?

There are various ways to pray.  Jesus even told us when He gave us The Lord's Prayer in the book of Matthew.  Others have used acronyms such as ACTS--adoration, confession, thanks, and supplication.  Matthew 7:7 tells us To ASK--ask, seek, and knock.

But all have thanksgiving in them in some form or fashion.  We simply don't thank The Creator enough.  But we're the first to blame Him when things, situations, circumstances, or even weather don't go as we think we deserve.  Even the schools' Act of God Days are used in the negative.

In most of my prayers, even saying grace and yes, I do that at every meal, not out of habit, not out of show, but out of respect to the One who has provided, I almost always thank Him for His creation, His loving kindness towards me, my family,  our church and other churches we're associated with, His Son, and the gift of the Holy Spirit. Many times I thank Him for my good health that allows me to participate in an active lifestyle.  Also I generally thank Him for our friends.  And for His perfect plan for my life, that I may obediently follow and be a good servant.  Often times I pray for our country and its leaders.

It doesn't take that long, and it sure makes me feel better.

I wouldn't call myself a prayer warrior, but I wouldn't be disappointed if others thought so.  If a faithful reader(s) has a prayer request, please don't hesitate to ask me. I'll be glad to offer another prayer to our Father. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home