On the QT

Tuesday, November 08, 2005


MORE ON HELMETS

This Ottawa Roughrider helmet made me think. Are there any logos of teams with moustaches on them? Certainly none that I know of that are less intimidating that this one. He looks like he'd be wearing a kilt. But since it's from Canada, probably not. None of that cold wind blowing up his skirt. Another sidebar: At a mosque I was visiting this summer in Turkey I had to wear a scarf that covered my legs since (imagine that) I was wearing short. That seemed to offend muslims. One of the ladies on our cruise took my picture and then announced on ship that she had a picture of me in my skirt. Lots of puzzled looks by those within earshot who weren't at the mosque.

And what kind of a weapon is he toting? A fleur de lis? A frog gigger? Or is it one of those trash pick 'em uppers used in the H-Building parking lot?

Plus, he's wearing a scarf or kerchief. Now that really strikes fear in the hearts of opposing linemen.

We've had much better logos in our leagues than the poor Ottawa Roughriders. Except for the now defunct Travis HertenSteins.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:44 AM, Blogger SRQ said…

    The guy on the Vikings logo has a big yellow mustache. The old sherbert orange Buccaneers logo had a guy with a mustache, too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home