On the QT

Tuesday, January 03, 2006


TAMPA BAY TO WIN SUPER BOWL

Although Brian Griese was my free agent choice this season, I'm just kiddding about the Bucs. In fact, I can't see any NFC team going anywhere with the exception of the CHawks. I quickly got on their bandwagon, actually Scott probably started it early this season, but what I'm surprised about is what took them so long. They are solid.

Yet I think the AFC has four or maybe five teams that I think could win it all. If it were baseball, I'd take the Steelers. They have the momentum, but in an emotional game like football, I'm not sure that plays out that well. Everybody has emotion at playoff time. Well, except the Rams in last season's debacle against the Falcons.

The Bengals are a year a way from going deep in the playoffs. And they really need to harness johnson--he's becoming a TO and moss combined.( I had to capitalize TO or it would have looked like to, and as loyal blog readers know, I don't capitalize names or teams that I disrespect. I also go with their cutsie nicknames to dis them as well.)

As far as the patsies ( note both cutsie name and lower case), they are good and they remind me of the dolphins of don shula. Not the '72 team. All of them. Shula was the head of the committee that evaluated NFL officials. Do you think they ever got a call go against them? Heck no. And who else gets away with more illegal chucking, holding, interfering with pass receivers than the squad from new england. What happened to the boston patriots anyhow? How can you claim to be the team of 13 states? What about the Western Cardinals? Taking a whole state's bad enough. The Phoenix Cardinals is an oxymoron. That would be cool. Anyway(s), the patsies could do it again, but I don't think so. I don't think I could stand seeing one more smile from their coach. And I don't think his face, solid as a rock, could take it either.

Tomorrow's blog will analyze the other Super Bowl candidates from the AFC.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home