On the QT

Saturday, December 31, 2005


HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006

Auld Lang Syne means times gone by, so with apologies to Robert Burns, I'll duplicate some of the New Year's Song with the translation as you celebrate 2006.
Should times acquaintance(s) be forgot(ten)
And never brought to mind?
Should times acquaintance(s) be forgot(ten)
And times gone by?

For times gone by, my dear,
For times gone by,
We'll take a cup of kindness yet,
For times gone by.

We two have run about the breeze
And pulled the daisies fine;
But we've wandered many a weary foot
Since times gone by.

And there's a hand, my trusty comrad
And give a hand of yours;
And we'll take a hearty draft
For times gone by.

Ok, I guess it doesn't have quite the ring to it, and I omitted the third and fifth stanza, but you get the idea. Thanks for being a big part of my times gone by and hopefully of my times ahead. Have a great new year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home