On the QT

Friday, May 18, 2007


I THINK THAT I SHOULD NEVER SEE A FALL AS LOVILY AS THESE
Ok, the syntax may be wrong, but you get the gist. Water falls are amazing. I've never been to Niagara. This Winter we missed the tour that went to Iguasu Falls in Brazil. But I've seen others.
My daughter-in-law Julie and I went on a water fall excursion in Hawaii. We weren't disappointed. The largest one we saw had a 50 foot drop if I remember. It was so relaxing.
In Chile this Winter we saw some large falls that were very impressive--the Petrovue Falls. They ran into rapids and with the glacial water color, they were beautiful. Our tour guide told us that some rafters tackle the falls, and they didn't fall all that much. But there were 4 or 5 and I don't see how you could control which one you were going to descend. Big, big rock formations cut into the falls making so many. I know I wasn't tempted.
Other small water falls in the mountains of Israel, Canada, Michigan, and Alaska are a few more places I remember them. And I liked them all.
The only falls I don't like are the ones on a noise making machine intended to stifle snoring. We call it the snore machine, and its target is me. I guess I need the visual. Or am I simply in denial?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home