On the QT

Wednesday, September 26, 2007


THERE IT IS! MY BUNNY, MY CHICKEN FOR SALE ON EBAY
I was so excited to see this product for sale. Never mind that it was under the category of Antiques. But that was mine. Well, one like it. How do I know this one is not mine? I still have it.
My wife puts it on the tv every Easter season. It occupied the fireplace mantle when I was a kid. I have nieces just younger than I, so it was placed there for safe keeping, I figure. Oh, we would still play with it and make that chicken haul the bunny wherever we directed. Once about every five years some new Easter grass would have to be added to the cart. But that was an important part of holidays, the putting out of seasonal decorations.
I'm glad my wife continued that tradition. When one holiday is passed, though, down come the old. I honestly think, no, I know, as much as she loves Christmas, the tree would be taken down December 26 if it were up to her. It may go up the day after Thanksgiving, but come whatever holiday it may be, out with the old and in with the new.
You know, I've never seen another Easter chicken pulling the Easter Bunny in a cart like that. The seller of this item is located in Red Bud, Illinois, just a stone's throw from MTV, so maybe it was more of a regional thing. But I hope she gets big bucks for it. What's that commercial say? Priceless. That's the way with old toys and memories from childhood. I gotta go now. I think I need to bid; my chicken and bunny have been lonely for years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home