On the QT

Friday, September 21, 2007

WELL IT KINDA SEEMS LIKE IT--JUST MARRIED, THAT IS







Yep, today's our anniversary. Of course the next question is, how many years. When friends were over last week, friends who also celebrated their anniversary this week, asked that question I responded, "16." After a puzzled look, I continued, "Well, 16 good years."



Funny, huh? When one of our friends was sharing that story with our Sunday School class, my bride chipped in with,"All the other years were perfect." How true, how true. And shame on me for indicating anything else.



Another friend of mine tells me that he and I have have been blessed, that we married well above ourselves. I couldn't agree more. Our as another buddy would have said, "better than we deserved."



So what do I remember about our wedding day? First, going over to the church, just a few blocks away, about two hours before the ceremony. When I went into the auditorium, I got scared. All those decorations, flowers, people that were going to be there. What about my groomsmen? Would all of them make it? Would I mess up?



Then the crowd. Wow! I'd never been to such a big wedding. Are all these people my new in-laws? How will I ever remember who they are?



Then the great music. Then the great looking bride. I'd never seen her prettier. Then the reception and the pictures. And the pictures. Actually, I have that out of order, the pictures first. I think I missed some of the guests because the pictures took so long. But hey, with all the re-takes and touch ups they had to do on me, who would have guessed. Then towards the end of the reception, my buddy from college who lived in the room next to me showed up. He was from Kuwait and he thought MTV was a whole lot closer to Bloomington/Normal. Then he couldn't find our church. He went to two other weddings before getting to ours. Well, he didn't go to the weddings, just the churches where weddings were going on "at half after seven".



But it's been 39 years (see I made you read almost the whole blog before revealing that big number, but it's one I'm proud of) and yes, it's been wedded bliss. Thanks CQ. I'll always love you.



But please don't make me carve out another message in stone.































1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home