On the QT

Thursday, September 13, 2007


NOT HIM, BUT BE CAREFUL WHOSE HAND YOU SHAKE
As a channel surfer, I don't see many commercials. Not even the good ones. For one thing, there are so many channels and so many sports that I want to follow that I have no time nor patience for them. Plus, I find most of them annoying.
So I was watching the World's Favorite Commercials or something like that. I know, I skip through commercials, complain about them and watch part of a show featuring commercials. I think it was from Sweden.
A businessman in suit is introducing a business woman in suit to another man also in suit. Instead of shaking his hand, she or he--it was hard to determine who the initiator was--kissed the other person passionately on the lips. Well, somewhat passionately. However it was, neither refused the meeting. Then another couple of business associates came in. One male, one female. Upon introductions the females kiss on the lips, followed by the men. It was funny. Then the public service announcement that shaking hands spreads more germs than kissing. Now, there's something to think about.
At a recent outing at our daughter's place of work, there was a well known actor (not the one pictured above) who shook people's hands. Several people's hands. They were pleased to meet him, and I'm sure shared their good fortune with friends and neighbors about how they had met and hobnobed with him.
What they didn't see, and what our daughter saw was that when he got out of his chauffered automobile, he took gum out of his mouth, rolled it into both hands and dropped the gum ball in a receptical before he began hs greetings.
Why? Who knows? And I didn't ask if she shook his gummy hand or not. I guess it would have been better for her to kiss him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home