On the QT

Tuesday, September 04, 2007


PART BAT, PART CATHOLIC
At least that's what our last entertainer on the cruise ship said. He was former Olympic Gold Medalist (twice, in '88 and '92) Lance Ringnald.
At age 37, he came out onto the stage to the old Beatles tune "When I'm 64". He was doing gymnastics on a walker. I'm not sure how funny that was to those who had to use walkers, and there were some on our ship. But he wasn't disrespectful at all, so I think they warmed to him later.
What magnificent shape he was in. My friend Ron wondered how much longer he could hold that physique. He also wondered how athletic and talented current gymnasts are, if Lance could no longer compete with them.
Two satin looking curtains were what he used to perform countless iron crosses. He climbed to the top of the curtains, hung upside down (that's when his joke about being 1/2 Catholic, 1/2 bat came from. He performed a lot of other feats of stamina and strength and put on another great show for Royal Caribbean.
I'm not sure what I'll do for entertainment tonight since there are no more on board activities. I guess I could take a sweltering walk, see a lousy movie, eat a 1,555 calorie meal, or go shopping. I'll probably settle for the Diamondbacks, while waiting for my Cardinals to come to town this weekend. But until then, I'll miss the great Northeast and cruise ship entertainment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home