On the QT

Sunday, October 14, 2007



"ACTION!"


Our son is an attorney. Before that he was an actor. Well, somewhat. His most famous part to date is Earthquake McGoon in a high school production of 'Lil Abner. Now, I know I'm opening myself up for disagreement with him.


He would probably say some of the plays he has written and performed in at church were more demanding and better acted. Just last Christmas he was Joseph and did a great job.


He's also acted in Pyramid Players, a local theatre group in Southern Illinois and was quite good in Barefoot in the Park. So he has had some experience on stage. But to me, his portrayal of Earthquake, a wrestler, was tops. In fact it was one of the very best high school operettas in MTV's storied history dating back 60 years or so. Now, I didn't see them all, but I saw over half of them, so that makes me somewhat of an unbiased reviewer. As I said, somewhat.


One day just a few years ago, our son was making an Indie movie with director Ben Hall, former neighbor and friend. Scott was playing the part of a man killed just outside of a movie theatre. Lying on the street covered with blood, he heard a woman driver stop her car near him. She came running to him. He got up and calmly explained to her that they were simply shooting a movie.


"Well, sh##," she yelled at him and stormed off.


"Would she have rather it been real?" he pondered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home