On the QT

Saturday, October 13, 2007


AT THE CLOTHESLINE
The last time we found any old clothespins for sale, we were in Southern France. Our laundry room is kinda old fashioned with a wallpaper border near the ceiling, an old washboard, an old iron, some old hangers with decoupage pictures on them, an old jar of marbles, an old medicine bottle, and some old liquid filled bottles of soap. We've yet to find an old soap box worth the asking price.
Oh yeah, and some old clothes pins. We don't have as many as pictured, and ours doesn't possess the wire at the separation point, but we're still on the look out for some of those. I like the room. I clean errant golf balls that fly into my yard. The eraser by Mr. Clean, at least he's on the box, is the best thing for taking off smudges, especially asphalt ones ( road oil we called it in Southern Illinois). I've salvaged many balls with the eraser. But I'm not sure Mrs Q. cares for the room much since she's the lead ironer, washer, dryer, and sorter. I'm head carrier. I never use our ironing board. When I iron, I just throw the shirt or pants on a table and start pressing.
But I miss clotheslines. We used to use them as goal posts for field goals when we were younger. We used the poles for chin ups in our neighborhood Olympics. I like seeing clothes hanging out to dry. I don't know why. I do know I love the smell of fresh air dried clothes. Fresh being the operative word.
We had a clothesline pole when we lived in MTV, but we only had one. No need for another. Too many leaf burners in our 'hood. Also too many trees and birds. And now in AZ way too much dust. They wouldn't have to hang long though to be warm and dried.
One thing I nevr did was to fasten a clothespin on my nose. That surprises me, too. Becasue one time I punched in the cigarette lighter and put that on the end of my nose. Try explaining what motivated you to do that. Aw, well, my parents were in the car at the time, and they already knew I was goofy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home