On the QT

Monday, January 28, 2008



THE WII--NOT WORLD WAR II: NOT MICHELLE


The art work on the right is famous. People shell out good money for its artist's work including this one. Since I don't want to be mean, I won't share the artist's name, but like a lot of art, it doesn't appeal much to me.


I like art. We spent an hour or so of valuable South African time in the Art Institute in Cape Town. I didn't see much I liked there, except an armed horse made of metal. Now he had some serious weapons on his person. But like the drawing pictured, not much caught my fancy there.


So what's my point. Our four year old grandson, N.T. recently finished a pre-school artsy type project that I imagine looked like something in the neighborhood of the picture on the right. I know, what art lovers might say, "well then why doesn't he just quit pre-school and start earning a living as a great artist if he is so talented." Well, he's not. And taste is what taste is, or something like that.


When N. T. brought his work home, he had printed " I love my brother, my dad, the Wii, and also my sister and mommy." Forgive me sis and mom for sharing that story, but you know how important that Wii is to the 4 year-old. When he's 5, I'm sure he'll get his priorities in better order. And who knows who will be on top of his list next Christmas.


Don't forget, this is the same grandchild that told me on the way to the airport,"I'm never coming back here." I still love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home