On the QT

Tuesday, January 22, 2008



ANOTHER ONE BITES THE TV DUST


Maybe it wasn't a great race, but the Amazing Race Season 12 is over. Which gives me one less tv show to watch. I'm not sure why I like the show; I think it's just one of the tolerables.


Racing around the world is good idea. Having lots of different kinds of teams is good theater, too. But some of the footing they choose to air is questionable to me. And would someone please tell them they are being filmed and watch their language. What is cool about bleeps?
Even though cab drivers are vital to the success of the contestants, it's not the most exciting thing to watch. Certainly luck is involved and if you've ever gotten a cabbie in a big city, you simply know the risk. But don't dwell on it.
And please, never have a show where it's a non-disqualification round. I mean why did we watch? It reminds me of the All-Star game in Major League baseball where the game ended in a tie. There has to be a winner and loser at this level.
Finally, T.K. and his girl were so laid back, it was kinda cool to see them win. I liked the grandson, but the grandad had a language problem, and often took on the tough physical tasks that should have been reserved for his grandson, but overall, they were an ok team. The Asians were not my faves. The father said some funny things, but he was such a jerk. Even in the last episode he said, "Now when I tell my daughter I love her, I truly mean it." What? What kind of father is that? Also, she was pretty sneaky. When the blondes did similar coniving things, they were labeled bad, but she got away with it.
Oh, well. When season 13 gets started, I'll be there. Something about slim pickin's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home