On the QT

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

RETURN OF THE TELEVSION TEST PATTERNS

Just to be helpful, I'd like to offer the television stations an idea. Since the Writer's Guild is apparently not going to end its strike very soon, why not return to the old tv test patterns when there's nothing on?

I mean why not? After all there hasn't been much on tv worth watching for several years now anyway(s), so why not give the people absolutely nothing? You've gotten close, but there are always a few good shows to watch, even if you have to find something else to do the rest of the time.

So, simply go to your files and retrieve the old test patterns. Or feel free to use the one I provided. Oh, you might have to update it somewhat. I'm sure the Native person in headdress would be offensive to some. In addition to race, try to keep gender out of it, too. You can't be too careful these days.

Feel free to interrupt the test pattern with commercials. A lot of commercials like regular tv. And try to keep them annoying. I can't suggest too much change. I mean it is called an idiot box for good reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home