On the QT

Monday, January 07, 2008


WELL, IT'S ABOUT TIME
I mean I haven't blogged since last year. Since December 14. So what's been going on?
Well, I've been out of the land. I went to South Africa for 3 weeks. I thought I'd get a chance to blog, but it didn't happen. I Christmased there and New Yeared there. And it was a blast. (I know blast is not too hip now, but great and amazing fall short, and I never took to "the bomb".)
So why no pictures of the Big 5 or the Big Six if you count the cheetah? Why The Fonz?
We went on three different safaris--one at Chobe in Zimbabwe, one at Phina in South Africa, and one at Addo in Botswana, maybe. The more I think about it, the one at Chobe was in Botswana. And one of the six people at Chobe that we were with for three days there and two additional weeks was The Fonz's German teacher at Emerson College. Now that's cool to have taught The Fonz. He also taught Jay Leno, but I didn't want to get in the middle of the Writer's Guild strike, so I didn't pick out a picture of him.
So that's where I've been. Along with my wife who orchestrated the trip when I said I'd like to go there. We were joined by our daughter for almost two weeks, she of vacation time limits. Our son, also limited by vacation time and a big family had to stay put, but hopefully down the road he'll catch up or pass us in travels. So for now, it's souvenirs and having to hear about our adventures and just how close that cape buffalo was to me.
The way God made the planet, it is 25,000 miles around. That means the farthest one can be from any given point to the next is 12, 500 miles. On the top of Table Mountain In Cape Town, there is a chart that shows from there to Los Angeles is nearly 10,000 miles. So I guess we were about that far away. I know it seemed about as far away as one could get when we logged 24 hours air time getting back to terra firma in AZ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home