On the QT

Monday, December 10, 2007


SO WHO'S IN YOUR ENTOURAGE?
I've never seen this show. I suspect it's like Deadwood and Sopranos. Those shows on cable tv interested me a lot. Until I tuned in. The language in both kept me from viewing, and I really like Westerns, but I don't think they talked that way back then. I'm kinda serious. I know people today talk differently than we did back when I was young. Certainly in mixed company. Don't forget, I'm from the generation that wouldn't allow Jack Paar to say WC, for water closet or bathroom on tv. Actually, I was quite young when that occurred, but I recall people talking about it.
Don't forget either, at this time you never ever saw Ward and June Cleavers' bedroom, and on the Dick VanDyke Show, Rob and Laura had twin beds. That's just the way it was back then. And yes, in that case times were better. Also, don't forget that Barbara Eden in I Dream of Jeannie couldn't show her navel. Too revealing.
So Entourage will be one of those shows that I click through when I search for something--anything to watch when the brain is gearing down for the day. There seem to be a lot more of those. Last night it got stuck on an old Deal or No Deal and I saw this guy turn down $650,000. Whoa! He did accept the deal when they offered $25,000 more. But lo and behold (I don't think I've ever used that phrase before, and I don't think I will again) his case held $3 million. As Bugs used to say, "What a maroon." Not really. I would have bailed long before that.
But an entourage is a group of associates who surround a person of importance. It can also be used as surroundings only, but I've never heard it in that context. So we are all important. To some one. And who's yours? When you answer that, you will reveal something about yourself. As well as those who entourage you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home