On the QT

Monday, December 03, 2007


LINGERIE BOWL BIDS
I know all about the major college bowls. I mean after three hours on ESPN last night they devoted to the football bowl games how could one not know? Although I watched only parts of the marathon, I still had to go to St. L. Today.com to find out which bowl Mizzou got invited to.
Oh, I had heard they got jobbed and I know the meaning in context but I still don't know what jobbed means. But no one on the news, sports coverage, including today's AZ Republic told me they were going to the Cotton Bowl. Until I went to the St. Louis website.
But there are a lot of things I don't know about college football. Somehow because one of my teams, Arizona State Univ. didn't get invited to a BCS or BSC or BS Bowl game, the whole Pac 10 conference lost $47 million. Wow! Now that's a hit. Another one of my teams the Univ of Illinois had 3 losses, was ranked 13th in the final poll and they leap frogged Mizzou and ASU to play in the Rose Bowl, a major bowl with the $47 mil going to the Big Ten, I guess. Plus, maybe Ohio State playing in the national championship game, after losing to Illinois at Ohio State just 3 weeks ago, will add to that dinero.
The only thing crazier is that Notre Dame, one of our son's favorite college teams who had a horrendous year, has a longer winning streak than the two teams playing for the national championship. And I hear bowl selection committees are very interested in how a team finishes its regular season when selecting who plays where.
Congrats to those who made it. Flowers for those who didn't. As for me, I'm just waiting for some sanity to return to the sport. I'd turn to the NFL but I see the cheating Patriots are running away with it this year. Again. But that's ok, because the commish really showed them with his penalty for illegally taping an opposing team's coach call out defensive signals during a game. Against the hapless Jets, no less.
I wonder when they play the Lingerie Bowl? I didn't see who plays in this year's Football of the Absurd. Or maybe I did. It was probably announced last night, but like Mizzou's destination, I missed it. I won't be going to any website to find out, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home