On the QT

Saturday, December 01, 2007




BOOLAH, BOOLAH




In the 30's or 20's, at least according to some old, old movies, college men wore raccoon skin coats around campus. Especially to big football games.




The only raccoons I've been around were in MTV when they used to get into my garbage and drink the cat's water and dine on any remaining food. I mainly just turned my light on them. They never were much of a problem for me. As you can attest, they're kind cute little guys, too.




My buddy Boppy has had fits with some that come to his house. Whole families. Well, at least one family. Being tender hearted as he is, he traps them and drives 15 minutes or so by a river to drop them off. I think he's trapped six or so, but he never captured the mother.


The mother nearly attacked him when he snagged her last, her baby. But Bop didn't turn his back on her and loaded the baby in his pick up.


Every once in awhile she makes an appearance drinking from a little pool in his backyard. She cleans herself up, grabs some of the cat food, and awaits him trying to disguise the cage that trapped her family. Maybe she still thinks they're in there. Raccoons are pretty smart, you know. And I'd guess by now there may be a few new families down by the river.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home