On the QT

Wednesday, January 23, 2008


HOLLY UNTIL
Rather than Holly Golightly. That was one of my high school girlfriends. Until, not Golightly. Although she might have been called Gooutrarely.
You see, all of high school girlfriends could have had the same last name---Until. Why? I was just looking for someone else. Always. So since there never was a real Holly Until, I just grouped all the girls into one and called her Holly Until. So while I was with one of them, it was only on a short-term basis. Until I found somebody else.
I imagined that having someone/anyone was better than having no one. Something about being too accessible. Too available. So when some well-intentioned wanted to fix me up with someone, I'd usually give it a shot. There were limitations, though. Especially around high school dances. I mean you had to have your pictures taken with them.
So that pretty much sums up my dating life from 1963-66. And what did my dates call me? Ted Isn'tthereanybodyelse?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home