On the QT

Saturday, February 02, 2008


RAMS AT THE SUPER BOWL
Quarterback Bulger and running back Jackson from the St. Louis Rams made it to the Super Bowl after all. At least they're in our fair city for the hoopla. Here they are pictured at a Scottsdale night club.
So what's wrong with the picture? Well, they're still my Rams. And they ain't playing on Sunday.
There's a saying in our town, "Root for the team in the city where you live, or go back to the city you came from." Well, something like that anyway(s). It makes a lot of sense. I do root for the Suns. I don't think they'll ever win a championship without a true center, but this week I even stayed up till 10:40 or the start of the fourth quarter before I packed it in. After a couple of third quarter naps. And I do like to watch them play, but Amare is a power forward, not a center. So until we get a true center, I don't see any banners flying from the America's Center.
The Diamondbacks, well I'm a partial season ticket holder, and I like their team, if I don't care for Chase Field atmosphere. I do want the football Cardinals to win, too, especially since they still have Kurt Warner and the greatest football stadium on the planet. But close reader(s) will note I called them they, not my or our.
I still don't know how I can give up 50 years of rooting for the baseball Cardinals and 12 years rooting for the Rams. Plus both have won World Series and a Super Bowl. I know, the DBax won in 2001 and that was a good time, even though they beat the Cardinals in a playoff game I attended.
So while I'm a transplant and secondarily root, root, root for the home teams, my home teams still play in the Midwest. It's nice to see Mark and Stephen here. Maybe they can learn a thing or two and take it back to St. Lou for the 2008-09 football season.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home