On the QT

Sunday, February 03, 2008


SMASHED
We would place a penny on a railroad track and let the train do the work. It wasn't nearly as uniform as The Mummy from Universal Studios, but hey, that was a long time ago.
Our granddaughter, A. Faith, loves these. I don't know how many she has in her collection. But she has quite a few. Even is she's not with us and we see one of the machines, we get her one. A coin--not a machine. Even though I had to bum 5 Rands off a friend in Cape Town, South Africa, to get her an image of Table Mountain.
My favorite of hers is a 1987 World Series one that someone painted. It really stands out with just a few colors. Also, once in awhile you'll see quarter machines, and a little variety is good.
It's funny what people collect. From baseball cards to match book covers to porcelin cows (at least cow models/statues--I don't know; you'll have to ask my sis-in-law). To Super Bowl replica tickets. At least that's what the AZ Republic is hawking this week. And for only $64 dollars and half that many coupons, you, too could be a proud owner.
I like what our granddaughter collects better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home