On the QT

Sunday, October 02, 2005

CARDINALS WIN 100
Too awesome. With 1/2 their team hurt for 1/2 the year, too. What a job by Tony. And don't foget Walter J either. He didn't cave into trade demands and mortgage the future. Although I'm not sure much of the future will be manned by the current minor leaguers. And I'm not forgetting Molina as a farm product. The Shoo's kind of interesting, but living in the West and the Cardinals early clich, I didn't get to see much of him or them at all. So my judgment of him could have been as bad as my football weekend.

And you wondered why I led with baseball. ASU simply couldn't get it done. Who could? USC is powerful with White and Bush. There simply has not been two running backs like them since, well, last year with Ronnie B. and Cadillac. I hated the way they were the ones who wore down ASU in our heat. What's up with that?

Next up. My St. Louis Rams. Yeah, I'll still claim them. Probably because I was at church when most of the game was played. It was on tv here. Tv that started at 10:00 am. It works great for Monday Night football, but I miss all the early games, or most of them anyway. So I didn't get to see our defensive game ball-receiving coach marmie in action. When I did see the defense, I was calmly screaming for a blitz once in awhile instead of allowing huge size Shockley and Burress outjump our peewee sized dbacks (come to thinkof it, they played like the Dbacks--how in the world could that team finish second in any division?) In one fantasy league I'm familar with, an owner traded Randy Moss for Stephen Jackson. Think he's sick right about now? It looks like SJax is another first rounder who didn't or isn't panning out for the good guys.

My Pix for the sucker game are down the tubes, too. At least the first two. And at this writing I'm losing to the Crappers. Also my Indian pick of AL champs is out the window, too. Maybe if I picked with my head instead of my heart I'd do better. If you didn't catch Bill McClelland's article on Busch Stadium in the STL Post today, check it out at STLToday.com. That's it. Happy blogging or blog reading.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:20 PM, Blogger SRQ said…

    Steven Jackson did get two touchdowns today. It's not his fault that Mad Martz only calls 10-15 rushing plays a game! I think once Martz finally gets shown the door, Jackson will explode into one of the top three backs in the league!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home