On the QT

Friday, November 18, 2005


DON'T PLAY AGAIN LIKE THESE COWBOYS

Critical. Crucial. Pivotal. This week in the MVRL is all of these and more. To compound things, the trading dealine occurs before Sunday's games. Which means you could be a pretender and not know it till it's too late.

If my Cowboys play like these guys in the picture, again, then I could easily become one of those also rans. Injuries to Big Ben and Torry have decimated my team. No I haven't forgotten about Julius Jones: his injury and the culpepper fiasco forced me into some trades I really didn't want to make. And no I hadn't given up on Griese. I liked using him in favorable match-ups, but for the 2nd or is it 6th straight season he turned into baseball's version of J.D. Drew or Scott Rolen?

Also I haven't forgotten about David Akers, a high draft pick for a kicker for the Owls. And yes, I released him when it appeared his season was over. Oh well, everyone has hardships.

At least my MVP, Warrick Dunn has proven to be a stud. And I like my pick up of Jason Elam. I still have some favorable match up defenses that will pressure Stevie and me to play the right one, the right week. This week was especially tough with the Rams, Seahawks, and even Buffalo having appealing games. Stevie and I went with the Hawks, hoping they wouldn't have a meltdown after last week's big win over an uninspired Ram team. At least we know the 49-ers will be uninspired. I still love it that they're so bad.

Anyway(s) good fortunes to all this very important week in the good ole MVRL.



But I don

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home