On the QT

Thursday, November 17, 2005


THE WONDER YEARS

"We didn't have to hate ourselves for growing old. We just had to forgive ourselves for growing up." I have no idea why I kept this quote from the old televsion show that I never missed, but I found it written on an advertisement card, so I figure I must have jotted it down when I watched an episode. And I think it so true. Like a lot of lessons offered in the show.
I'll tell you how much of a Wonder Years nerd I was: This picture was just before Kevin and Winnie's first kiss in the park near their home. Everybody should have a park nearby or a Metzger's Field. Definitely everybody ought to have a Winnie. A gal that you can put on a pedestal. A gal that like/hates you. A gal that can break your heart. (Gal--is that an old word or what?)
Anyway, here's a poem that I wrote that should have been in a Wonder Years show. From time to time, I'll try to wax poetical. Don't get too excited though. They're not all that good.

Above his sight
Above his mantled eyebrows
Sits a furrowed wrinkle
In the top quarter of his brow.
He, like Cassius, is a thinker
And when told the world was
Black and white in 1957
He was puzzled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home