On the QT

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

THE EYES HAVE IT

Remember the old song "I Always Feel Like Somebody's Watching Me," by Rockwell? Well, that's what I thought of when I came across this picture.

Other eye thoughts:

the eyes are the windows to the soul

keep your eyes on the ball/ the (steering) wheel in an old song

The Eyes of Laura Mars

These Eyes (The Doobie Bros)

Betty Davis Eyes, along with Marty Feldon's, Kurt "Crazy Eyes" Thomas, Bob "Go Ahead; Crowd the Plate" Gibson's, Mike Tyson's with tats, Frank "Old Blue Eyes" Sinatra's, Paul Newman's, Liza Minelli's, Paul McCartney's, Troy Pietsch's when two were blackened, (actually, I've heard plenty of ladies talk about both Troy's and Ryan's peepers) and teachers' eyes peering out over the tops of bifocals.

"Hey, four eyes." Actually we had a teacher at MTV named Charlie Ielase (pronounced eyeless) but he wore glasses, too.

Caroline and Courtney had lasic eye surgery years ago in St. Lou. I had mine the middle of August 2005. It wasn't the normal kind. It was called flapless where they reshaped my corneas--it was performed by the doctor of the Arizona Cardinals, which probably means I can see ok, but I'm lousy at sports. It is really a blessing. I'd encourage everybody to do it.

Scott and Mike McClure are the two biggest eye chickens I know. Mike's the worst. Scott doesn't like to look or think about eyes, while Mike can't even put eye drops in. They have optiphobia, I guess. I know eyelid surgery is called blefaroma.

The eyes that I've seen the most in my life have been up to 150 pairs a day. They looked at me as if they were paying close attention. But I knew. I'd had them, too. When I was a student. Behind those attentive eyes, there was nobody home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home