On the QT

Wednesday, January 11, 2006


I'M HEADING THERE IF BRUCE'S CAP IS RED

I've always felt bad about not attending the Hall of Fame induction ceremony of Ozzie. I can get a little relief if he/ they do the right thing and pick Sutter as a Cardinal rather than a cubbie.

I called the Hall of Fame yesterday about one hour after the announcement. (I figured why not, since the Hall of Fame never called me.) They hooked me up with the PR dept. But I have to back up. When I dialed 1-888-425-563-3268 (1-888-Hall of Fame), Ozzie's voice gave me the prompts and welcomed me. Once they had a writing contest honoring Jackie Robinson and a few students of mine entered. They didn't win, but I did get to talk to a few people there and there were very nice. This time, too.

But they didn't know which cap he would wear. I thought the Hall picked, but a St. Louis paper said Bruuuuce gets to select and while it was expected he would wear the beautiful cardinal red, he declined to say. Hey, that's no problem. Let it build up. Remember he thrived in late innings. So it's only fitting that we have to wait for the final result.

But he or the Hall selects a Cardinal hat, don't try to read my blog or Scott's on that day. We'll have other things to do in Cooperstown, NY.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home