On the QT

Monday, July 23, 2007








RANIER CHERRY TIME



IS SO CLOSE TO BEING A THING OF THE PAST



If you know me at all, you know I love a good lobster, a good steak, a good baked potato and garlic. If you know me better than most, you know that two foods I dearly cherish are Ranier cherries and tomatoes.



I've blogged before about beafsteak home grown Southern Illinois tomatoes. I've stated that I'd select a baloney sandwich on fresh bread and a tomato rather than a steak I cook out--the best, or the ones at The Grill at the TPC or Desert Canyon. The latter two being the second best steaks around.



But Ranier cherries are to die for. Actually, these pictured are not big enough for Raniers nor or they yellow enough. That's right, the perfect Ranier has some yellow to it. I wait all year for them. They're only available in our area about the last week of June. Then they go for $8.00 a pound. Now, that I'm getting my fill of them, they're about $2.99 a pound. Well, I never get my fill, but by the end of July after having them available everyday, even I sometimes pass them up.



Cherries, tomatoes, the Cardinals--I guess I'm attracted to red.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home