On the QT

Thursday, July 26, 2007



TALKING YOUR ARM OFF

I've heard that expression forever. This picture illustrates what can happen if you allow it.

So where do you hear it? Churches, ballgames, schools, airplanes, cell phones, golf courses, restaurants, dorms, shopping, or whenever two or more females are gathered? I know, the answer is all those places plus more. Certainly I could add men to the last on the list, as well.

Also, the list is endless. How about meetings, family get togethers, car rides, parties, or dates? We could prioritize them by most annoying. Maybe certain people come to mind in certain places. For instance, if you mention neighbors talking, a picture of my former neighbor on two streets (we both moved) is at the forefront. I'd mention people who repeatedly tell the same story to the same people (remember the day Wanda Wood got a hole in one here?) but that hits way too close to home.

So I'll end by saying that sometimes silence is quite golden. Other times, it is not welcomed. But that doesn't mean it's time to talk.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home