On the QT

Monday, August 06, 2007


THE MEL TORME BIRD
"Hold me, Hold me, Never let me go, Just hold me," I don't know who sang that oldie. A guy named Carter comes to mind; I don't know why I thought it was Mel Torme. Wasn't he the "Velvet Fog"?
I also don't know why this picture of this bird made me think of that song. But it did.
I mean that song was about enduring. Lasting love. Since I heard it when I was in high school, it means to me enduring and lasting high school love/like. That was so important to so many back when.
Not me. Probably because the only ones I thought I could endure had a different notion about me. So I got tired of the ones who would go out with me. Kinda like Mark Twain's saying, "I wouldn't want to belong to a club or organization that would have me as a member."
I'd blog more today, but I need to get back to the internet site that makes me think of old songs. I wonder if there's a www. do wop. com?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home