On the QT

Sunday, September 30, 2007



INTO EACH LIFE...


So I guess the tables are turned. The St. Louis Cardinals are dead in the water and the Chicago Cubs are NL Central champs heading to the playoffs. Cubs and October baseball just don't seem to go together, so maybe, hopefully their stay won't last long. I probably should stop this entry with a quote from Izzy, Cardinal ace closer,"I've had enough of this season, and this season has had enough of me." But never being one who knows when to shut up (write up?), I'll continue.


I don't know why I should feel so bad about the Cardinals' season coming to an abrupt end, except they usually play well into October. It can be cold in St. Louis that time of year, especially at night. But for the Cubs and their fans, well that wind could be pretty chilly, so bundle up. Don't forget to take your gloves. They won't make much noise when you clap them together, but I don't imagine you'll be doing much of that after the introduction of players.


Let's see. The last time (I know you think I'm going to throw out the years 1945 and 1908) you made the playoffs you earned it. You didn't buy it like this year. But, hey, in 2003, that nearly $400 million you spent this year would have gone further. One more piece of advice: don't sell tickets to anyone named Steve or Bartman. Just to be on the safe side.


Now, as far as the Cardinals go, I'll miss baseball. Oh, I'll still watch; afterall, my second favorite team, the DBax are NL West champs, and they'll take on the Cubs in the first series. I have no tickets for that series, but I should have a couple of seats for the next round, hopefully against my daughter's Padres. But I figure it'll be the Phillies vs. the Diamondbacks.


But as crazy as this season has been, who knows? Actually, I think my second favorite team is whoever is playing against the Cubs.


Anyway(s), I'll miss the Cardinals in the post-season. How many days till March 31?

1 Comments:

  • At 8:06 AM, Blogger Pure BS said…

    Let us have your real feelings about the Cubs. How do you think I feel being a Braves fan since 1955.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home