On the QT

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

RUB IT IN

I used to do that more often.  I think I've mellowed.  Mostly my subjects have centered around players, coaches,  and fans of the Cubs, Patriots, Lakers, and Reds.

My new disliked team and associates are the Brewers from Milwaukee.  On the cusp of the World Series, I chose to write about the defeated rather than the victors.

A team with little class, they wanted to show their backsides all year.  Too bad backsides doesn't rhyme with class.  It started last year when they followed one of their well-known backside players, Mike Cameron, who once dangled handcuffs in an inviting way to a single friend of mine while she was attending a Spring Training game.  What they followed was his pulling his jersey out after a victory claiming "work for the day is over."  Well, it's bush league, Mike, to do that kind of stuff.

This year, the Brew Crew got even stupider.  They anticed (I know-it's not a word, but as an English major, it gives me the right to coin words whenever I want--something about the small print) beasts in the little kids' movie Monsters, Inc.  So here you have big burly men after some success, looking into their dugout and with arms spread wide like they are beasts.  I mean, It's stupid.

Fans being fans followed, some dressing up like the monsters from the movie. In Game 5 in St. Louis, they even allowed one in their dugout.  He looked liked he was wearing footie jammies with horns on the hood.  It was right out of WWF wrestling in the 1990's.

Had the Cardinals lost to the Phillies, of course, I would have been disappointed, but they are a class organization.  They like to win on the field and not show anyone up, especially disrespecting the opponent.  Not the lowlife Brewers.

One idiot Brewer tweeted about how the Cardinals would be at home during the playoffs watching the Brewers.  His tweet was made on September 7, muffled about a month later.

Enough, already.  Some of the best advice I ever heard was "Act like you've been there before," when success comes your way on the playing field.  I could add playing field of life.

So sit back Milwaukee, players and fans alike.  Enjoy the World Series.  And if you're representing the National League in 2012, try to learn some respect for players and the game itself.  Also, please lose the Monster motif:it well-worn and not too successful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home