On the QT

Tuesday, November 08, 2011

MULLIGAN 3

Terri wasn't perfect.  She only thought she was.

Brunette with tanned, tanned skin.  She had friends with identical hair color who lobstered after a few minutes in the sun.  No matter how much lotion, how frequently smeared on.

Younger than I, she not only approached me, she goaled me for her own.

"But we'd be good together.  Good for each other."

"And when I'm 42, you'll be 30, and it only gets worse."

"Why are you looking so far ahead?"  "Who knows what the next 10 years will bring?"

The brown eyes brought to mind an old song lyric "you  my little brown eyed girl/do you remember when you used to say..."  But then again, many things, many expressions, many glances bring music to mind for me.

And it was music that made me accept the inevitable with Terri.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home