On the QT

Friday, November 11, 2011

MULLIGAN 5

Shelledy took me by the hand and led me down.  I guess if I stopped right there, I would be accurate. 

She led me down to the weight room beneath The Oasis on campus where students'  could take a break, waste time, meet others for study dates, or just hang out.  But the weight room.

The Weighting Room read the bronzed plaque above the door.  Inside, of course, were weight stations ranging from barbells to the huge drum weights that the linemen rolled off and on with ease as they lessened or mored their routine. 

Treadmills,  boring treadmills, were for some reason paired between exercise mats in two places.  The mats served as wrestling mats or gymnastics mats.  I mean, for the times, it was an extensive work out area.

"I brought you here to watch you sweat."

Dressed in a tee shirt and slick jogging pants, navy with a white stripe down each side, along with a pair of Adidas tennis shoes, I looked as if I belonged.

Silently, I waited for her instructions.

"Here. Sit on this bench."  Used for bench pressing, it wasn't all that roomy for the two of us as she patted the bench where she wanted me.

And then she produced the pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home