On the QT

Saturday, November 19, 2005


KURT WARNER'S RETURN TO THE DOME IN ST. LOUIS
After Kurt was a Super Bowl MVP, he returned in the Spring of 2000 to be featured with Rev. Billy Graham in the evangelical preacher's last crusade in St. Louis. What an awesome event!!
To hear Rev.Graham preach, to hear George Beverly Shea sing, to hear the rest of the worship team/praise team bring glory to God, and to hear Kurt Warner's testimony was truly an outstanding memory in my life. I think it must have been like a little bit like heaven.
At the invitational, I witnessed hundreds, maybe a thousand people accept Jesus Christ as their savior. As they poured out of their seats to join Mr. Graham as the choir sang, "Just As I Am."
When Kurt led the Rams to the victory over Tampa Bay in the NFC finals, I was impressed with his leadership and absolutely picture perfect pass he threw to a well-covered Ricky Proehl. As I've shared before, it was the loudest sound I've ever heard at a stadium event. Even louder than Three Dog Night at the SIU Arena in 1974 when we were sitting about 9 rows from one of those huge speakers of the day. When Proehl hauled in that pass to put the Rams into the Super Bowl, I thought my ears might be bleeding. Wow!
Will that kind of excitement occur in the EDJ tomorrow? I hardly think so. Will that kind of reverance be shown to Kurt? Again, I hardly think so. And he sure wouldn't want it. He knows it's not about him. Right Rick Warren?
But I hope there's excitement. I hope he throws at least one touchdown pass and doesn't get sacked. Actually, I hope he plays as great as he is. And I hope the St. Louis fans remember.
If you go to the game, yell loudly for Kurt just once for me. And if you don't take a new or slightly used coat for his charity, put in $10. It once got me an autograph of Kurt on a hand held fan. Complete with a bible verse--Romans 6:33.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home