On the QT

Saturday, November 12, 2011

MULLIGAN 6

I occasionally play a little basketball in an independent, some call it an Industrial League.  Along with a lot of golf.  But at my advanced age of 32 plus years, I jog as well.

When I jog, my mind does not rest as most do.  I don't clear cobwebs.  Only rarely do I spend devotional time with God.  Instead, I have old or new, meaningful or meaningless songs run through my head.  I guess I'm like a lot of the younger runners who have an earphone or two stuck in the ear hole(s).  I've always been afraid that I might not be able to hear an advancing car or cry for help.

So I do a non-verbal sing.

On November 2, 2008, I ran some old Tears for Fear through my head.  Some old Bryan Hyland and Neil Young.  In fact it was in the middle of "Harvest Moon" when I caught up with Terri.

"Hey, stranger," I almost said, should have said.  But instead, I grabbed around around the waist, easily spun her around and gave her a kiss.

She didn't refuse the offering.

If only it had stopped there on that hill in overcast San Diego.  If only...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home